Title: No Gravity
Author: Kyo (aura_wings12)
Rating: Overall R
Pairing: Established GTOP, and some side pairings
Summary: Jiyong left G-Dragon in Korea as a pretty face for fans to look at while he healed and recreated.
A/n: Sorry I've taken so long on this update. It was mostly due to some writer's block along with self depreciating. Also, I've been reading too much smut fic, and therefore can't write anything but smut. So. Yeah. I could mostly just write dialogue, which I've been trying to avoid, and I've been working on my actual prose. So there's weird chunking going on in this chapter, but i'm glad I finally finished this off. I didn't really want my beta to see this, so it's unbeta'd. However, if she gets to it, I'll post that later on. She'll of course be looking at the rest of the chapters. Thank you for the lovely comments from before. Enjoy chapter two!
“Everything looks much better today, Jiyong,” said the middle aged woman. “There was no blood in your vomit yesterday, and you held down your breakfast and lunch today, right?”
“Yes,” Jiyong replied, looking at the price for a business class and first class flight that would be leaving in a week.
“What did you have to eat today?”
“I had cereal and milk for breakfast, and a fruit salad and water for lunch. Jello and an ice pop as well.”
“And your stomach had no trouble holding it down? You didn’t feel the urge to vomit at all?”
“No, Ma’am.”
“Alright well, I’ll go get your release paper work ready, if you’d like to leave.”
“I would, thank you,” Jiyong said as sweetly as he could manage, flashing a grin at the doctor.
The doctor nodded and left the room to get the release forms. Jiyong yawned and brushed his hand over Seunghyun’s head. “Wake up, lazy ass.”
“I’m not asleep, smartass,” came the grumbled reply. “We good to go?”
“Had you been awake, you would have heard the doctor tell me she was going to get my release forms.”
“Hush, you.” Seunghyun said playfully. He stood up and stretched. “Do you want to go anywhere, or just go back to our dorm?”
“I just want to go home. I’m sick of being here, and I’m tired. I want to lay down with you and sleep.”
Seunghyun nodded. Jiyong looked tired- his eyes were red from tears that he would never admit to, and his face was splotchy from rest that he simply wasn’t getting, even in the hospital. Not with a million and six phone calls from YG the day before, and three phone interviews (just that morning!). He had an interview that afternoon as well, and Seunghyun wasn’t sure who was getting the first ‘fuck you’ when the time came for that.
“I got your clothes. I’ll close the door so you can change,” Seunghyun said, handing Jiyong the bag and moving to shut the door just as Youngbae rushed in with what he assumed were release forms. He shut the door behind him.
“There are reporters swarming in the parking lot,” Youngbae said, looking hassled. He handed Jiyong the forms and sat down in a chair. “We need to leave soon, before more come.”
“The hell do they want?” Jiyong asked, leaning back to allow Seunghyun untie his dressing gown.
“The first interview before your official interview this afternoon.”
“Excuse me?” Jiyong said, eying Youngbae murderously.
Youngbae held up his hands a show of surrender. “Don’t kill the messenger, man; I don’t have a damn thing to do with this.”
“Whoever set that up can cram it right up their fuck hole because I’m not in the goddamn mood,” He resumed putting his clothes on, standing up on shaky legs to put on a pair of jeans.
“You’re gonna tell YG to cram it up his fuck hole?”
“Well, I was going to do that tomorrow, but I don’t mind doing it today so I can sleep tomorrow.”
“Christ, Jiyong. Christ.”
“Oooh, blasphemy.”
“You think you’re cute. You’re not cute.”
Jiyong stuck his tongue out at Youngbae, who smiled back. “It says I have some sort of prescription?”
“Yeah, for throat lozenges. I already picked them up.”
“Thanks, Bae.”
“No problem. Now hurry your ass up.”
~*~
“I can’t believe I’m doing this. This is bullshit.” Jiyong said in English to Youngbae, once the makeup artist finished covering up the bags under his eyes and penciling a sharper curve to his eyes.
Youngbae’s eyebrow rose. “Do you not want them make-up artist to know what you’re saying?”
“No. I’m fucking sick of people all up in my shit.”
“Didn’t bother you before.”
“That’s because people weren’t looking at me like I was going to break and die before their eyes or something.” He looked down. “I’m not going to break.”
“I know that, Jiyong.”
“Well, I know you know but everyone else seems pretty sure that I’m going to roll over and die.”
“We did almost lose you.”
“But you didn’t. I’m-“Jiyong stopped and bit the inside of his cheek. “I don’t know what I am.”
“What?”
“You’re on in three minutes, G-Dragon,” Said a techie in a headset, poking his head into the dressing room. Jiyong winced.
“I bet you wish you told YG to cram it up his fuck hole now, don’t cha?”
“You must think you’re cute right now, don’t you?”
“I think I’m adorable.”
~*~
“Now, I understand you’ve been through quite the scary ordeal, G-Dragon?” The interviewer said with a syrupy sweet smile. Jiyong already didn’t like her.
“Uh, yeah. I wasn’t exactly awake for most of it, however,” Jiyong joked, earning himself some chuckles from the audience.
“Well, what happened leading up to your hospital stay?”
“It wasn’t climatic or anything. After a show, I drink from a certain water bottle every time, then I get a vitamin water.”
“Which was poisoned.”
“Yeah, I figured that out after a few minutes. But I couldn’t stop throwing up to find someone.”
“And then Maknae found you.”
“He did. He seemed a little confused at first, but he was quick to get help.”
“Then what?” the interviewer pressed.
Jiyong tried not to roll his eyes. “Then… nothing, really. I remember sounds and people talking but that’s about it. I only know what the rest of the guys have told me.”
“How are you feeling now?”
Jiyong blinked. He was expecting that question of course, but it didn’t mean he knew exactly what to say to it. He supposed in the back of head that he was supposed he’s doing okay and that Big Bang is already working on new material… and not to worry, that they’ll keep fighting.
He sighed.
“I feel disgusted that there are people in this world that think it’s okay to kill for no reason,” Jiyong said after a moment, startling the interviewer. “I know I’m considered an idol, but I’m still a human being, and I sometimes wish I was allowed that sort of respect.”
“What do you mean by that?”
“I mean I’m hurting a lot right now, and I’m not exactly sure what I’m feeling. Physically, I’m pretty sure I’ll be fine, however.”
“I-I’m not even sure how to respond to that,” The interviewer admitted, looking flustered.
“It’s okay. I didn’t know what to think when I was told either.”
~*~
“Y’know, you didn’t really have to say that,” Dongwook said later on, once he had cornered Jiyong and enveloped him in a hug that Jiyong couldn’t escape from.
“Hyung, I cannot breathe,” Jiyong said, his voice muffled by Dongwook’s armpit. “Your pits stink too. Take a shower, god.”
Dongwook held the younger man back at arm’s length and grabbed his cheeks in between two fingers. “What did this mouth say to me?”
“It said you need a bath. Bad,” Jiyong said, trying to fight the grin forming on his lips.
“One of these days, child, you’ll learn to respect me,” Dongwook said, chuckling and pulling Jiyong close again. “I’m so glad you’re safe.”
“Yah, I missed you too,” Jiyong said. “What’re you doing here?”
“I can’t come and visit my dongsaeng?”
“No.”
“I just came to check on you. The last time I saw you, you were hooked up to a bunch of machines.”
“You saw me in the hospital?”
“Briefly. I was on my way to the studio, and I made the driver stop so I could see you for a little while.”
“Thank you.”
“Of course.”
Jiyong yawned and stretched his hands above his head. “I feel completely and totally exhausted.”
“Well, that’s to be expected. You’ve gone through the ringer.” Dongwook peered down at the younger man, who had laid down on a couch. “So… what are you gonna do?”
“I’m going to the States.” Jiyong said without missing a beat.
“What, really?”
“Yes. Bae and I are leaving at the end of the week.”
“You’re just gonna leave everyone here and take off with Youngbae to the states?”
Jiyong nodded, letting his eyes slip closed. “Yes. He’ll be working of course. He asked me to come along.”
“What kind of leader are you?” Dongwook asked, pointing Jiyong square in the forehead.
“Excuse me?” Jiyong snapped, opening his eyes and brushing Dongwook’s finger off his face. “What do you mean by that?”
“I mean… what leader abandons the rest of their group while he slinks off to lick his wounds?”
“I’m not slinking off. And I’m not abandoning them. They’re all big boys with things they need to get done, and it’s all solo. They can do it without me up their asses.”
Dongwook raised an eyebrow, then shrugged. “Okay.”
“Okay? You rile me up, then just say okay?”
“I was just checking something.”
“Do you have to treat me like some sort of science experiment, hyung?”
“Yes, I do. You’re always the variable.”
Jiyong blinked and leaned up to flick his hyung’s nose. “Would it kill you to make some sense?”
Dongwook just laughed and laughed.
~*~
‘I am not a pattern to be followed.
The pill that I’m on is a tough one to swallow
I’m not a criminal, not a role model.
Not a born leader, I’m a tough act to follow.’
“Hyung, what are you doing?”
Jiyong looked up from his notebook. “Writing, Seungri. What do you want?”
“No, I mean, why do you have paste on your face?” Seungri asked, plopping down on the couch next to Jiyong. “And it’s green. Did you put green tea paste on your face?”
“It cleans the pores.” Jiyong said defensively.
“I thought that sort of thing was for girls. Noonas always put that stuff on my face. It’s smells.”
“It makes girls like you.”
“But it smells, Hyung.”
“This one smells like green tea,” Jiyong said, leaning down to grab the bottle. “It’s good for your face.”
“Is it?” Seungri asked, taking the container and peering inside it.
“Very. Now hold still and let me put it on you.”
“Will this really make girls like me?” Seungri asked, settling back and letting Jiyong smear the green paste on his face.
“Maknae, you need all the help you can get.”
“Hey!”
Later on, once Jiyong had managed to round up the rest of the boys and cover them all in green tea face masks (“You’re kidding, right, Ji?”) he sat on the table across from the couch, where the rest of Big Bang sat covered in green tea paste, and scowling. Except for Seungri.
“Why was this necessary?” Youngbae asked, feeling the paste starting to harden around his mouth.
“I felt like we needed some together time. It was Seungri’s idea.”
“It was not!”
Jiyong smiled at him. “It’s okay to enjoy having paste on your face, maknae. Besides, it’s high time for a group meeting.”
“About what, hyung?”
Jiyong worried his lip.
“Hyung?”
“About what we’re all doing next.”