Author: Kyo (aura_wings12)
Rating: Overall R
Pairing: Established GTOP, and some side pairings
Summary: Jiyong left G-Dragon in Korea as a pretty face for fans to look at while Jiyong healed and recreated.
A/n: For whatever reason, when I was writing that big bang pokemon fic, I realized the amount of gtop that had been seeping into the fic even though it was supposed to be a gen fic. So I had to divert all that into another fic. Thus, No Gravity was born! Or something along those lines. I should probably just... stop talking or something. Ahem. It was partly inspired by events surrounding Yunho awhile back. :D! Enjoy!
Jiyong left Korea a little over a week after leaving the hospital, and the doctors were sure he was going to stick to his diet and wasn’t at risk for throwing up any more blood and scaring the crap out of Seungri again.
When it happened, almost two weeks ago, it was the end of a tour. A hard, two album tour with screaming crowds that were all amped for their comeback. V.I.P. torches were on all night, voices singing along with every song, adrenaline running through their bodies for hours after the show was over.
It was the last date of the last leg of the tour after the crowds started leaving, and the boys were mulling around back stage. Around that time, Jiyong likes to think is around the time that G-Dragon was fatality wounded. Someone had managed to get ahold of his water bottle- the one he always went for before he drank down a vitamin water- and poisoned it. With what, he wasn’t sure, mostly because he was too busy being fucking disgusted that someone would stoop that low, but the nurse assigned to him had told him at some point or another.
Seungri had been the one to find him crumpled against the wall of his dressing room dry heaving so violently that Seungri had thought Jiyong was about to throw up his stomach. Jiyong remembers seeing Seungri’s worried face tentatively asking if he was okay before Jiyong tasted bitter metal and Seungri’s eyes widened. Jiyong remembers Seungri running and screaming for help before the pain that was searing through his body finally caused him to shut his eyes.
Jiyong remembers bright pieces of the mad dash to the hospital. He remembers Seungri urging people to move faster, and Seunghyun’s commanding voice telling people (“Seungri, move!”) to move aside and let the paramedics do their job. He can remember a hand brushing his hair to the side, a voice telling him everything was going to be okay, and that was probably Youngbae’s hand and Daesung’s voice sweet in his ear. Then, there were too bright lights, and Jiyong let his mind slip for a while.
~*~
“If I go to the States, there are already a few producers looking to work with me.” Youngbae said, watching Jiyong twirl a pen around between his fingers.
“Like..?” Jiyong prodded, jotting something down on the pad in his lap.
“Pharrell Williams?”
“Holy shit.”
“Yeah, that’s what I said.”
“You should go then. Right after this tour, even.”
“Isn’t that a bit early?”
“It’s never too early to get your name out there, Bae. You’ve got marketability in the States, like, major marketability. Not just as another RnB crooner either- I’m talking Usher or Justin Timberlake world famous shit here!”
“I don’t think Seungri would be happy to hear you say that.”
“Seungri just wants to ride Timberlake’s dick.”
“That’s an image I could have gone my whole life without ever considering.”
Jiyong shrugged. “It’s a fact.”
“Ugh.”
“Really though, you ought to go to the states and work on an album with him. I mean- the Neptunes. That’s a once in a lifetime kind of thing right there. I haven’t heard them produce with anyone in years.”
“Really? You think it’s a good idea?”
“Course. I’ll even come with you, if you want.”
“And do what?”
“Improve my English? Travel around? I don’t know, I’ve never really been to the States besides for work.”
“So we’re going. We’re really, really going.”
“I’ll talk to YG about it when we’re done touring, and I’ll get his approval.” With that, Jiyong stood up off of Youngbae’s bed and stretched. “Get some rest- we have a show tomorrow.”
“Uh huh,” Youngbae replied with a yawn, and leaned back on his bed to grab the remote.
“Watching TV doesn’t constitute as resting.”
“Does so. I’ll probably fall asleep.”
Jiyong sighed playful and shook his head. “Night, Bae.”
“Night, Jiyongie.”
Jiyong shuffled out of Youngbae’s room and went next door. The lights were low in his room and the shower was running. Ignoring that, he flopped onto the queen sized bed in the middle of the room and closed his eyes.
‘If Youngbae and I were to go to States… what would we do?’ he wondered idly. ‘Well, I know what he’d do… Ugh, why am I even thinking about this now? This tour is what’s important.’
“Sleeping, Jiyong?”
Jiyong cracked open an eye to see Seunghyun drying his hair with a towel. He was already dressed for bed- a white tee shirt and a pair of black sweats that had be a part of Seunghyun’s suitcase since their first tour.
“I’m thinking,” Jiyong replied.
“Don’t hurt yourself now.”
“Hardy har har. Get over here and distract me.”
Seunghyun chuckled, a sound that made Jiyong’s lips turn upward. He felt Seunghyun crawl in between in spread legs and Jiyong moved to wrap his legs around the older man’s waist.
“Well, hello there,” Seunghyun said playfully and leaned down to peck Jiyong’s lips. “Miss me?”
“I saw you this morning.”
“And how.”
Jiyong snorted and tugged Seunghyun down so that he was lying fully on top of him and wrapped his arms around his lover. “I’d say let’s go again if you didn’t just get out of the shower.”
“I can take another shower.”
“Behave, hyung,” Jiyong said, swatting the older man’s behind.
Seunghyun groaned into the side of Jiyong’s neck, earning him a small laugh and hands in his hair.
“We should get a house.” Jiyong said suddenly, his hands still rubbing soothing circles into Seunghyun’s scalp.
“You want a baby and a white picket fence too?”
“Let’s have a boy and name him Han Kyul.”
“Jiyong…”
“I’m joking.”
“About which part?”
“The baby. I get the feeling I’d be the one carrying him, and I don’t think I’d like being called mommy.”
“What about daddy?”
“What about a pinch in the ass?”
“Sounds hot.”
Jiyong giggled happily, loving the feeling of Seunghyun in his arms, and the post-concert high making him a bubbly sort of happy. Things were good. Hell, things were great.
Things were great.
~*~
The first thing Jiyong noticed when he woke up is that there was a goddamn tube down his throat. He wanted to groan in frustration, but instead swallowed around it experimentally, seeing it wasn’t particularly unbearable as much as it was just fucking annoying.
He swallowed a few more times, trying to sooth his aching throat, before cracking his eyes open and surveying his surroundings.
Hospital. Expected, with the slight burn in his nose from the smell of disinfectant, tube down his throat and increasingly agitating beeping coming from the side of his bed.
To his right, Daesung had the curtains pushed aside, and he was peering out the window, looking pensive. A little tired, but overall, okay. That was good. Daesung was often intensely uncomfortable in hospitals.
“You’re awake,”
Jiyong’s eyes flicked to his left where Seunghyun was laying on his leg, simply looking at him. Jiyong’s hand was warm, and in the back of his mind he knew someone was holding his hand. It was Seunghyun, of course, using the pad of his thumb to rub soothing circles over the back of his hand.
Jiyong groaned around the tube and Seunghyun sat up.
“Daesung, get a nurse,” he said, leaning back to poke the younger man in the behind. “Jiyong is awake.”
“Hyung?” Daesung said, whirling around. Jiyong waved weakly, noting the I.V. stuck in his wrist.
“Hyung, you’re awake!” he said happily, patting Jiyong’s shoulder. Jiyong nodded. “We were so worried about you.”
“Daesung, nurse,” Seunghyun said again, prodding Daesung in the side this time. He nodded and left the room in a rush.
“Youngbae’s in that cot over there,” Seunghyun said, pointing a little to Jiyong’s right. “He’s been awake since you collapsed, losing his mind with worry, and taking care of interviews and things. He passed out from exhaustion probably three hours ago.”
Jiyong nodded slowly. That sounded exactly like Youngbae and his worry wart self. Not that it wasn’t warranted, but Youngbae did have the tendency to over do things.
“I sent Seungri out to get some snacks a few minutes ago, but he probably got side tracked by a cute nurse or something. I’m sure Daesung will grab him on his way back.”
Jiyong nodded again and leaned back on his pillows.
“We…” Seunghyun stopped and shook his head. “We’ll talk about it when the tube is out and everyone is awake.”
Jiyong’s eyebrow only rose.
~*~
“So, what’s it like having a tube down your throat?” Seungri asked, watching as the nurse checked over Jiyong’s vitals and wrote them down on a clip board.
“I’m sure if you ask, someone will stick one down your throat.” Jiyong snapped back, his voice raspy and low. He nurse handed him a glass of water, and he thanked her for it.
“We’d have to have some sort of medical reason to do that,” The nurse chuckled. “Now, you’ll be a strict non acidic diet for the next six weeks. That means lots of liquids and absolutely no spicy foods.”
Jiyong nodded. It felt like it was the only thing he could do.
“You may continue throwing up if your stomach becomes irritated by anything you eat, but you are to return to the hospital if you notice any blood coming up as well, so please pay attention to anything that comes up. If nothing happens by tomorrow morning, you can leave then.”
“Thank you,” Youngbae said, waving as the nurse left the room.
“Stop looking at me like that, Seungri,” Jiyong said around his straw. “I’m not going to projectile vomit all over you.”
Seungri frowned. “I didn’t think you were going to, Hyung. I’m just worried. You were out for four days.”
“I’m fine, maknae. See? Sitting up, breathing, alive, fine.”
The frown didn’t lessen at all, and Jiyong sighed. “What is it that you wanted to tell me, Seunghyun? Everyone is awake now.”
“I’d probably better tell you, since I took care of most of that stuff.” Youngbae said, twiddling his thumbs. “You were poisoned.”
Jiyong exhaled shakily. “I figured as much.”
“The girl turned herself in.”
“It was a girl? Jesus Christ.”
“Twenty-Two years old. She was from an anti-café that had been planning the stunt for a while. I had the… pleasure of meeting her.”
“Fanfuckingtastic.”
“She wasn’t really as deranged as I thought she was going to be. She just really, really hated you for whatever reason. I didn’t stay and listen. I’m not really sure what’s going to happen to her.”
Jiyong stayed silent and let it digest for a moment. It was a lot to take in- that someone that he didn’t even know, or probably would ever know, hated him enough to try and kill him.
“She’s in jail,” Youngbae went on quietly. “That much I know.”
“I hope she gets fucked with a spiked dildo,” Jiyong snapped out bitterly.
“Jiyong!”
“What? What. You can’t honestly think I have kind feelings toward someone who thought they had any fucking right to kill me. Or try to.”
“I know Ji, but-“
“Don’t you fucking ‘but, ji’ with me right now, Youngbae. Don’t you fucking dare,” Jiyong pressed the heel of his hands into his eyes. “I don’t understand. Fucking… why? What gives her the right? What gives anyone the right? I don’t care if you don’t like my music. I honestly and truly fucking do not care because that’s fine if you don’t. But to not know me and try and kill me? I just… what the fucking fuck.”
There was bile rising in Jiyong’s throat and tears spilling down his face faster than he could really account for, and before he knew what was happening, he was vomiting into a bucket that Seunghyun had brought up to his face. Seungri squealed, and Youngbae yelled at him and Daesung to go get a nurse right the fuck now as he rubbed Jiyong’s back through dry heaves that made him shake.
“Why?” Jiyong coughed, allowing Seunghyun to wipe his face with a towel and kiss his temple.
“I just… I don’t know Ji. I don’t know.”